Friday, October 12, 2012

Thoughts on a training plan...

I have been thinking about how to set up a training plan for myself, and I think I've decided to keep it very loose with a few main goals through the end of the year, and then devise a more structured plan going forward from there.

Here are my goals for the remainder of the year:

  • Be able to swim for 45 consecutive minutes
  • Complete a 10k running course
  • Continue biking up to an hour or hour and a half at a time

At this point, I can bike an hour to hour an a half without any issues, so I will simply be maintaining that level while increasing my running and swimming abilities.

I am placing no emphasis on speed. I simply want to be able to put in a reasonable amount of time in each discipline. I believe this will give me a good base in all three disciplines to build on. Starting with the beginning of the year, I can work on speed intervals and increasing distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment