Saturday, September 1, 2012

A journey begins...

I have signed up for the Superior Man Triathlon on August 25, 2013 in Duluth MN. The countdown on the official web site says I have 357 days before the big event. Just under one year to get ready for what will be one of the biggest challenges of my life. This will be my training log and diary for the year leading up to the triathlon.

The Superior Man Tri is a long distance triathlon, also referred to as a half-ironman distance. I will swim 1.2 miles in Lake Superior (cold!), bike 56 miles, and run 13.1 miles (really? a half marathon??).

I'm not too concerned about the bike portion, but I haven't swam in about two decades and I've never really been a runner...

Check back in once in a while and see how I'm doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment