Saturday, September 1, 2012

The first challenge: Running

I have never been a runner. Never. I was a goalie in the obligatory season of soccer in elementary school cause the goalie doens't need to run. I never did finish a mile without walking some in middle school gym class. In high school I was on the diving team.

I always blamed my asthma- that it's just too hard to find a running pace that doesn't get to my lungs. However, with all the biking I've done in the last few years I am beginning to realize that the asthma, while sometimes a limiting factor, doesn't actually stop me if I don't want it too.

I have recently tried running a bit. But, now I need to run half a marathon. After swimming 1.2 miles and biking 56 miles. That's way more than a bit of running.

I am starting my running training using an application I have downloaded to my iPhone. Zen Labs has several running applications designed to take you from couch potato (when it comes to running, I definitely qualify as a couch potato) to a 5k, 10k, half, or full marathon.

I have used the 5k application for a few weeks before and generally liked it. I have now upgrade to the 10k app. In 14 short weeks, it says I will be able to run a 10k.

Check out the application, and check back with me to see if I make it!

Zen Labs 10k Trainer

No comments:

Post a Comment